Wednesday 3 November 2010

People Section Redesigned

I am currently in the process of redesigning the whole Always Arriving site. The first part is finished, the People section, which I just uploaded. Please check it out: www.gheedon.com/People .


The new look and feel is a lot different from the old one. Rather than re-develop everything from scratch with lots of self-made javascript code, I decided to use RapidWeaver, a web editor which comes complete with templates. All I needed to do was set up a CSS file to render fonts and colours the way I prefer them. As to setting up the galleries, I can do that in iPhoto and simply import them into RapidWeaver. No more resizing photos and creating thumbnails by hand... . Ok, you do give up a certain amount of freedom in design, but the time gained is formidable.


And the nice thing: the pages also look great on the iPhone and iPad (and hopefully, other mobile devices as well).


I will continue with the redesign; the Urban section is next. I'm keeping the Holga section for last, seeing that it is the largest one.


Enjoy viewing the photos and let me know what you think - feedback is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment